Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pre-Gaming


A note from Holly:


I’ve never been a pre-gamer. This is primarily due to the fact that I don’t “game,” hence making my interest in pre-gaming for a fictional event unrealistic. This characteristic has provided zero implications for me in the past. However, it is currently on my radar as I have now managed to set up a date and then have it cancelled due to the fact that we were not “both investing equally.” Pre-date, folks. Not investing equally pre-date. 


So…that’s interesting. 


The full story is that I received said text message while teaching my college class. As a horrible example to my students, I had failed to put my own phone on silent. As I reached for my phone to mute the sucker, I managed to read the message on the front screen and then do that awkward laugh/snort thing where you sound like a pig and probably spit on objects near you. Yeah. Because guys, that happened a whopping 24 hours after I announced my year of dating. I am KILLING this whole dating thing. #nailedit


Moving on.


In other news, I’d like to take a moment to reflect on what the announcement of the “frog blog” (which is what many of you have lovingly dubbed it) and the transpiring events have looked like for Heth and I:


1. Heather had interest. I’m talking exs/ex interests/current interests/boys that know or knew her at any point in her life texting her/messaging her like crazy. While not necessarily volunteering themselves, they wanted more information and were happy to provide insight into the process. I point this out because this was not the occurrence for me. As a matter of fact, I didn’t even have a single ex relationship member “like” my Facebook post…96 likes and an ex ain’t one. Seriously. I feel like this means something…


2. You all were awesome! You took my desire to be set up by people you would recommend seriously and I’M SO EXCITED. I LOVED getting messages from you all with boys you think might be a good match. I have such good wing women (again, an overwhelming absence of boys here…)! Furthermore, your general comments/show of support were so very meaningful to Heather and me!


3. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment that this was not an announcement of a blog dedicated to the ins and outs of frog ensnarement. However, should you all know a man who wants to take me on a frog hunting date, I am willing to go, but I make no promise surrounding my skills as a frog hunter or the success of that relationship.


4. Upon the recommendation of a former grad school friend, I have now joined Hinge. It’s sort of like Tinder…only provides the screening capabilities of only sending you potential matches who are second of third degree connections of your existing Facebook friends. This is my kind of minimal risk solution! More to come on the success of said Hinge…although I do take great joy in saying “I’m hinging.” Like, how cool does that sound?


5. Speaking of online dating, I may or may not be guilty of reading my sister’s e-mails this morning. I mean, here’s the thing: I have to use her e-mail/password to get into the backside of our blog so, it’s an innocent mistake, after logging into blogspot, for her e-mail to show up when I go to gmail. 


Disclaimer: We have different colored/different themed inboxes and are therefore not easily confused.


Confession: I knew exactly whose inbox I was in when gmail loaded.


So I noticed that she had all these messages! All these unread messages! All these unread messages with subject lines like “hey gorgeous!” So then, really, upon discovering her blatant need for assistance in reading through these unread, flattering e-mails, what kind of sister would I be if I didn’t help her out?! 


Whoopsies.


I did tell her. I mean, I confessed right after I did it. I texted her PRONTO. I wouldn’t want her to miss out on Fredrico…he is 30 and has only one picture and is holding a weapon in said one picture. No sir. I don’t want her to miss out on that!

A note from Heather:

Don't let Holly's impression of my inbox lead you to believe that my life is now bombarded with potential suitors. On the contrary, my life is now bombarded with individuals who have a delightful criminal history, an IQ comparable to our current outside temperature, and are probably the type of men who would catcall a girl on the street. I'm not saying that I'm better than these individuals, I'm just saying they're not right for me. And readers, don't get pissy with me about judging people because isn't dating the process where you discover the details/person that's right for you?

There have been a few nice guys and I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds...

Hugs and frogs,

Holly and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment